STA Australia is pleased to offer Turf Graduates the opportunity to be chosen as the representative in Sports Turf Management for Australia. This priveleged award acknowledges the hard work and commitment put in by the Graduate and gives them an opportunity to further their development and to network with other sports turf industry managers.
The criteria for applicants are as follows:
- An apprentice who has course completed the Turf Management Trade Course in the nominated year.
- Who is employed to prepare Sports Fields (inc. cricket), Bowling Greens or Racetracks.
- Displays Average to Excellent Academic Achievements and displays Excellent Practical Skills.
- Displays an Above Average passion for the job and industry.
- A person who is likely to stay committed to and work long term in the industry.
- A person who is forward thinking and shows initiative.
(pictured above: Australian Turf Graduate Finalists of 2014 with Rob Rein and Laurence Bingham of TORO Australia at the 31st Australian Turfgrass Conference in the Hunter Valley, NSW 2015.)
Each year the recipient of the WA Sports Turf Graduate of the year is encouraged to apply for selection as the National Sports Turf Graduate. This application involves attending the Australian Sports Turf Award interviews which will be held in Melbourne in June prior to the AGCSA Australian Turfgrass Conference and Trade Ehibition. (date to be determined)
At the interview they are to give a PowerPoint presentation, not exceeding 10 minutes and then answer questions from the panel of respected Turf Industry judges.
The PowerPoint presentation should include:
- experience in the industry and overview of their role at work
- commitment to their work
- a bit of information about themselves
- achievements at work and/or studies etc
- long term plans for their career in the sports turf industry
Read about Luke Cooney's amazing experience in the USA as the 2014 National Turf Graduate here.
Further Information about the National Sports Turf Graduate Program please contact
Sports Turf Association, Australia Inc.
P O Box 114, Kenthurst NSW 2156
Ph: 02 9654 9130 Mob: 0408 441 119